Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial day and getting fit



First let me say Happy Memeroial Day to my granfather , and my dad. My GP died the day before my dad turned 9. He died in Okinawa Japan during WWII. I remember him today the grandfather I never knew. To my Dad who served in the Navy and Navy reserves. And to those who have served since, and serve today. To those who have given their lives, either fatally, or come home injured or broken, or whole, and also to those who are family members...Thank You!




Moving on...

I bought a Wii fit balance board today. If you remember we bought a Wii several months ago, and it has been fun but not all I wanted it to be b/c I can't seem to afford more games, so we have just been sticking with the wii sports that comes with it. So today I bought the balance board. It was pricey but....it has yoga, aerobics, strength training, fitness with BMI, and weight measurements, and goals....So much fun! More fun than exercise has ever been thus far! Definitely worth the money for me to have fun, and exercise in my living room...and did I mention it's fun? Hopefully in a few months I can write to you and say I've hit my goals!! I need to loose atleast 30 lbs! I'll go on record and say I would like to do that by Sept. 1st. That is 2lbs. a week. It should be easier in the month of June b/c my kids will not be home to sabatoge my eating plans, and hopefully I will be on track well enough that I can stick with it in July and August too!


Here's to getting fit!

No comments: