Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympic Opportunity

So this was my first week of nursing school, and you can read about that here.
That has kept me pretty busy. I did have the day off on Wed. and was able to go to EM's school where a friend of EM's teacher, his name was Jeff Huffman, showed us his Olympic torch. He ran in the torch relay when it came to MS, before the Atlanta olympics. It was quite awesome to see it lit, and hear him talk about his experience. He mentioned to the kids that in 8 years if the Olympics come to Chicago they may have the opportunity to be in the olympics or to run the torch relay and that they can do anything they set their mids to, and to try hard etc... I was thrilled that I got to go. Here are some pictures:

We had parent orientation Tuesday night at EM's school, and last night I had to take KT to swim practice, and other than school that is about all we have had time for.

Honey & I are getting excited about our cruise to Cozumel which leaves next Thursday about 4pm. I will try to post before I leave and then I will definitely post some pics when we get back!


Have a good weekend,

1 comment:

Becky said...

You have to leave my child a comment on my blog!!!