Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another day in the closet

Here in our area we had really bad weather on Friday.
The electricity went off right after they announced on the tv that there was a confirmed tornando on the ground on the street that Em's school is off of.
So not only am I in the closet (Kt's closet is the most interior, and remember we are on the 2nd floor of the apartments) so I'm in the dark wondering if a tornado comes will this dresser next to me and all the storage boxes in the top of her closet fall on me, and what about the lady who just ran into the closet on the floor above me...and what about my youngest child who is at school, and is this tornado headed across the interstate toward the other childs school...
I had already talked to hubby and (weather came from his direction)asked him if he was on the lowest level in an interior room and he said "no we are standing in the lobby watching it rain." So I said "well I'm in the closet look for me under the dresser, storage boxes and Kt's dirty clothes."
Well after a period of time I came out of the closet, (LOL) and decided to head towards Em's school since there seemed to be a break in the heavy rain.
After retrieving both kids from school we headed home to find the elctricity still off.
Honey came home, and about an hour later the apartment manager lady was outside and said the elctricity would not be back on until late Saturday night.(This is about 6pm Friday evening.) So I said to Hans why don't we go ahead and got to TX? I can be ready in about 15 minutes. I had done laundry all morning and still had clean clothes laid out for everybody. So we loaded-up and hit the road to his Dad's in Lufkin since it would only take us about 5 & 1/2 hours instead of 7 & 1/2 hours to CS.
We just got home about 7:30 tonight(Sun), so tomorrow I will have to go to the store and replace all of the ruined stuff in the fridge.
I have some pics of some damage from the storm that I'll post, maybe tomorrow!
See ya tomorrow!

PS.... Hi Melissa! Thanks for commenting!
Hello to Gail I know you stalk my blog too!
and the #1 commenter award goes to...
BECKY!!!!!
Thanks to all of you! You make me feel special!
Is there anyone else checking my blog out?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for the commenter award! :o) I'm glad you are all safe! It was terrible here Friday also, for about an hour that morning. But, not that scary!
Gee, next time you lose power, go to a hotel in the nearest town....you people are crazy to drive nearly 6 hrs. for some lights! :o)