Thursday, June 19, 2008

Trying Something new






So 7 days ago I decided I was going to give up drinking carbonated beverages. It had as been 7 days, and not even 1 diet drink...How awesome is that? When we go out to eat I have been filling my glass with 3/4 unsweet tea, and 1/4 sweet tea.
For those of you who do not know Mississippi is proud of their sweet tea, and should be delicious. (You know Brian Lewis is from MS...hence his great sweet tea, well that and he is very sweet himself!)


At home I have been having 1 small (kids cup) of milk, and have weened myself off of the oreo dunking in the milk which started the milk cup trend.




I have also beeen enjoying fruit juices like diet ot light cran-grape (my favorite) apple, and cran-pomegranite (kind of tart). These juices still have some sugar in them but I have tried to be good with buying diet/light versions.

Well I need to go finish making lasagna, and packing the girls bags for their next few weeks in TX.

Oh funny kid story.... Sunday in the car coming home from TX. we stopped and Honey said what do you want to drink and I told hime unsweet tea, b/c I was still trying the no carbonated drink thing, and EM says "Why? Diet coke doesn't have any carbs in it!" get it...? carbs..carbohydrates...carbonated...Honey & I have tried the low carb thing several times, and it was funny to me explaining that carbs were carbohydrtaes, and not carbonated sodas. Doesn't sound funny now that I write it..I guess you had to be there!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you!!!

Becky said...

Forgot you were going to Disney! Wow! You are quite the travler!