Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mission Organization


I love this show on HGTV called Mission Organization. Our apt. lease is up the end of July, and we will hopefully be moving. We are not crazy about the schools, and have had some trouble with some teachers the past 18 months. There are 2 districts with much better ratings at greatschools.net. If you are intrested in schools anywhere in the country this is a great site!

Anyway the girls are home this week, and we will not all be under the same roof again until mid-July and then we will only have 2 weeks before we move, so we are getting ready. Yesterday the coat closet, and the hall closet both "catch alls" got a closet lift. Then both girls rooms...well lets just say we were busy girls! Today, their closets... I think the philosophy here was what mom can't see she won't know about...(they put away their own laundry)

Then I will start on my closet. I've already gone through our clothes, and have a big trash bag that I'm not sure what to do with, since I do not want to move them and really, really, really don't like to garage sale. I would have to move it all(b/c of being in an apt complex) and then have a garage sale, and the point here is not to move it! So all I really need to do is go through the shelf stuff. You know misc that I'm not sure where to put, or what to do with it but want/need to keep.

We already have 4 large plastic bags, and 3 kitchen trash bags (1 with just gift bags and tissue!) to throw away. We even have 2 plastic bags with school suppllies that we can recycle for next year!

Then tomorrow all I will have left to organize is the pantry, and I guess I can start boxing up things not used in the kitchen, and then under the sinks..mine & Honey's, the girls, and kitchen...whew that will be a job!

Well I better get some coffee & get started!


2 comments:

Gail Lewis said...

Gail says:
You go girl! You know I love an organized place.

Melissa said...

I love doing stuff like that! But it sure is a lot of work! Have fun!