Sunday, October 12, 2008

Student nurse Hammond..It feels real now

Now that I have actually had some "patients", and given some flu shots it feels real. It's not just learning about being a nurse or poking manequins.
I forgot to count how many flu shots I gave... but I'm guessing about 10.
I was so nervous! More than anyone else. I procrastinated getting started. Everyone else had given 3 or 4 before I got started, and my first little guy was so cute! He had parkinson's, so he requested his "non shaky" arm to receive his shot, and held his sleeve for me with this "shaky" hand so maybe it was difficult for him to tell that I was shaky too! It got much easier as I finished with each one. I asked each of them when I was done if that was ok, and all of them said "I didn't even feel it" so YAY!! I have definitely enjoyed a relaxing weekend with no studying.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay for Nurse Hammond!