Thursday, January 31, 2008

Moments

So today on the way to school I heard the song Moments by Emerson Drive. I've liked this song since it came out but today it got me thinking about those moments in my life that I think define me.
Of course there are the births of my children.
The day I married my husband.
The day I accepted Christ as Lord of my life.
Then there are the days that are life changing and unexpected:
The death of our friend Kevin at age 28 suddenlygone.
This changed my life most recently because

of the adventure of going to college at the age of 33

The life lesson of independence for my girls to be able to take care of themselves should they need to

The importance of education, no matter your age

studying when you don't want to

The pride of all A's and a deserved job well done

The feeling of I can do anything

I think of the necessity of the argument before I engage in loosing my temper..would I want this to be the last thing my love hears?

And lastly telling those you love that you love them......what a terribel regret if you don't take the chance when you have it.

No regrets...what a great feeling of relief!
These are the moments that I think of when I look back on my life...they are all filled with people I love...How blessed am I!

1 comment:

Becky said...

This is a very sweet post! I enjoyed reading it!
p.s.-Am I the only one you've told about this blog! :o)
xoxo